Sunday, March 3, 2013

VTec ZeeMax Research


While going to a Houston MINI Motoring Society Club Meeting I had a chance to see a friend who owns a Classic Honda VTec Zeemax Classic MINI. I got to ride in it to see how it feels in the passenger seat. Boy did this confirm my choice in classic car. This car not only looks great, but drives great too. The engine is reliable and sounds powerful.

When I got home I got into to doing some research in what I exactly wanted in my Classic MINI.
Here is a list of what my friend has in his:
Honda JDM B18 Type R motor with limited slip, chipped ECU, Wilwood 4 pot disk brake, Wilwood pedal set, A/C, front aluminum coil over shocks, aluminum drum brakes (rear), Speedhut gauges, Ultralite 13 inch wheels, Yokohama A048 tires (gone after 3,500 miles, now using A539, a little harder compound), Kawasaki Ninja Green paint with white top, fully welded roll cage painted white, Sparco seat, Sparco steering wheel, Sparco 6 points belts (I did not install the crotch strap), front tow hook, Zeemax body kit, battery kill switch, fire extingusher with quick release, MTB2 subframe, rear coil over suspension.

If I can get anywhere near this I would be very happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment